- D3 is formed in the human body when sunlight hits the skin
- D2 is present in plants and yeast
- Maintains healthy bones, muscle & teeth
- Can help to regulate to immune system
- Can’t produce vitamin D if covered in clothes or sunscreen, SPF15 reduces synthesisation by more than 95%
- Osteoporosis – Aids absorption of Calcium and maintains normal blood levels.
- Crucial at activating Immune response
- Research suggests that multivitamins with Vitamin D are less likely to develop MS
- Protects cells along with Calcium
- Alleviates muscle pain and has anti-inflammatory benefits
- Anti-Depressant quality in lessening depression and enhancing mood.
D3 + K2
The addition of vitamin K helps to direct & absorb Calcium to the bones. This process reduces the risk of Calcium build up in the blood vessels which can lead to stiffening of the arterial walls. K also helps with normal blood clotting and the maintenance of normal bones.
- Low levels of vitamin K have shown to increase the likelihood of bone fracture.
- Improved bone quality & density
- Improved blood sugar regulation
Contraindication: people on blood thinning medication.